This membership agreement is intentionally short, clear and concise. Here is the long and skinny of the agreement between you “the member” and us “Fruitworks”.
- Provide Coworking access during the hours specified in the plan of the members’ choice
- Provide WiFi access with a minimum download of 60Mbps
- Provide electricity points, desk space and chairs
- Provide teas, coffees and squash
- Provide a professional mailing address (maximum of 2 companies/names per member)
As a member, you will:
- Pay your membership fee within 7 days of the beginning of each month
- Leave Fruitworks how you found it. Clean up after yourself and any of your guests. All rubbish must be in the bin, and any items used must be cleaned and put away.
- Accept all responsibility for your own possessions whilst using Fruitworks
- Not bring in more than 2 guests at a time without first consulting the community manager
- Not bring in guests to work alongside you. Meetings should take place in the meeting rooms or chill out areas only or even downstairs in the coffee shop
- Avoid creating distractions/noise beyond that in line with professional working. Calls & meetings are totally OK but watching YouTube/Netflix videos on loudspeaker is not cool
- Stick to our fair use printing policy – normal business use is fine – printing flyers is not. And try not to waste paper please
- Not use the internet access or space for illegal activities – otherwise we may have to pass this onto the correct authorities when required
- Not enter the space outside of your plans access times or bring friends in when Fruitworks staff are not present
- Avoid using profanity, name calling or creating ‘school yard’ issues – we are all grown-ups after all
- You will not share the WiFi code or access to anyone at any time
- Your membership is not transferable to other people. Only named members may use the space. If you are unsure please speak to the community manager
- If you do need to suspend or cancel your membership you must inform us at least 7 working days before your membership renews – otherwise we can only offer credit and not a refund.
- Not leave doors open on purpose or allow other people into Fruitworks. Every member is issued with a door card
- Inform us if your door card has been lost/stolen/missing. We will not get mad and would rather the change to block the card to avoid any issues.
More nitty gritty
- Sometimes things happen out of our control such as power cuts, emergencies, national shut down of spaces due to worldwide pandemics. We will work with you to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- We may from time to time need to close certain areas for various reasons (electrical testing, maintenance, cleaning etc). We will give you notice and accommodate you as best as we can in another area if possible
- We really want to trust people and believe that everyone is honest. The cancellation period is at least 7 working days before the start of the next billing period (1st of every month at 12:00am). We don’t do it because we felt thats a awesome amount of numbers – it is because thats how long it takes to stop our Direct Debit. However if you don’t provide notice and cancel or bail out on paying – we may have to collect those fees in another way. By joining and signing up – you agree to this agreement and understand that failure to pay may result in legal action being taken
- Studios – You have another legal document to sign due to nature of having a more fixed space. Some have felt it is OK to hang pictures or damage walls. Speak to us. Work with us. We want you to feel at home but we do need it in writing and to give consent first. Again – you agree to pay for any damage caused whilst using Fruitworks outside of normal wear and tear.
- We reserve the right to cancel anyones membership. We have only ever done it once in 8 years. It has to be pretty serious or persistent breaches of our membership. We don’t kick people out for sake of it. But at same time we are a community space and need to ensure we are doing what is right for everyone – regardless of status or money.
- We may or may not offer rewards or offers. When we do – we will post the terms and conditions on this site. We have the right to withdraw rewards or offers at any time but will give notice as that is only fair. Amount of notice depends on the reward or offer but that will be included with the specific terms and conditions.
- When we say professional business address – this excludes registering your business here for any legal reasons. This includes but is not limited to: ‘HRMC’, ‘Companies House’ or the ‘DVLA’. As a short term membership – the above requires long term lease agreements or properties such as home addresses, properties you own or lease for a long period of time or sometimes an accountants if they allow it.
- If you have keys or alarm fobs for an office or special area at Fruitworks, and do not return them when requested, you agree to pay to have the locks changed, along with cost to have any keys recut, and also for any alarm servicing to take place to deactivate your fob or code. The cost depends on what is not returned.